Thursday, August 14, 2008

Favorite Things

I thought it would be fun to start a weekly favorite thing post. This week I had to choose my Ice Cream maker. Because I've been using it daily, it's so easy to use and makes soft serve ice cream in a matter of 20 minutes!Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Dream Recipe

I have to say that I originally made this for my son and husband, because it's their favorite ice cream! I was never a been big fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and I’ve always stuck with the classics like strawberry, chocolate and vanilla (I know, boring!). Well I don’t know why I was limiting myself, but now I've finally woken up and I'm enjoying this delicious mint chocolate cream! And it's becoming one of my favorite things too! I made this yummy ice cream with my Cuisinart Automatic Cream Maker.

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Dream Recipe

Ingredients
*I find it’s usually best to use as many cold ingredients as possible, this will allow the ice cream maker to work best!

1 cup of chilled soy milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
6 ounces of chilled silken tofu
¾ cup of Sugar
½ Cup of chilled coconut milk
3/4 c chocolate chips (set aside, add these a few minutes toward the end of the freezing process)
This makes about 1 ½ pints

Directions
Puree everything, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Freeze according to ice cream maker’s directions. Add chocolate chips during the last few minutes of freezing process.


* You could even add a couple drops green food coloring.



What are your favorite things?

No comments:

Look below for even more Deals!

Free coupons and more from General Mills

Get 3 Boxes for $3 + a free stainless steel mug with no obligation!

3 Boxes of Gevalia + FREE Stainless Steel Mug for only $3. There's over 40 varieties of either ground or whole bean coffee, as well as loose-leaf tea to select from.