Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Kitchen Organization - Cooling Cookies


I'm not the most organized person, but I try to keep a clutter-free kitchen. I like to re-use as many items as possible. One item I re-use all the time is my oven rack. Prior to baking cookies, I take one of the wire racks out of my oven, set it aside, and then use it later to cool the baked cookies. This works well for cooling large cookies! I've never bought a wire cooling rack, made for baked goods, the oven rack always works fine enough for me.

Here's a recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from http://allrecipes.com. I made these cookies this weekend, and they were delicious! I changed a couple ingredients, but there's really no need to modify the recipe. I just wanted a little extra flavor and a bit of crunch. So I replaced 2 cups of the flour with rolled oats, added 3/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and 2 Tbsp dark molasses.


For more kitchen tips, check out Rocks In My Dryer

3 comments:

MediMonsters said...

Great idea!! Off to check out that cookie recipe. I love cookies. TFS

jan said...

I've never thought of that! What a great idea! I've never used a cooling rack because I didn't want to spend the money on one-now I won't have to!
Thanks for this post.:-)

Anonymous said...

Great Idea!

I have two blog post this Wednesday.

1. Photos of our typical morning on my personal blog at http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome and

2. an explanation of changes we are making at my homeschool blog
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog

Come and see me!
Robin@heartofwisdom.com

Look below for even more Deals!

Free coupons and more from General Mills

Get 3 Boxes for $3 + a free stainless steel mug with no obligation!

3 Boxes of Gevalia + FREE Stainless Steel Mug for only $3. There's over 40 varieties of either ground or whole bean coffee, as well as loose-leaf tea to select from.