Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday: Organized Shoes using a Recycled Gate


I have a small bedroom closet, and I usually have hard time finding anything in it. So I decided to clear out the things I haven't worn or used in awhile. I cleared out the clothes first, and actually found an old stonewashed jean jacket in there (no need to say how old that was - you know :). Also in there was a bunch of shoes.

Many of the shoes I had forgotten about. I had 5 pairs of black high heels in there - and I really never wear them! So I put several pairs in a donation bag, and realized I had to organize my shoes better.

In the past I tried using those hanging organizers, but none of them held up well enough in my small closet. So I decided to look for an alternative way to display them!


I looked around my house for something that would fit in my small closet. I found a small wooden gate, in our storage room, with shelf-like bars going across it! I stood the gate up against the wall in my closet, and now use it as a shelf for my shoes.

I know the thought of recycled wooden gate in a closet may sound a little bit junky, but I was happy to use the gate and it's working well for me :) I'm even thinking about hanging a small wooden ladder in another closet.



For more Works for Me Wednesday tips, visit We Are THAT Family

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea! I try and do the same...recycle and shop for solutions in my house. Thanks for giving me a great idea! I am going to post next week how I recycled a side to a baby bed to hold stuffed animals! Thanks!

Susan said...

That's a cool idea for holding stuffed animals! I also like the Cute Compost Bucket you posted for Works for Me Wednesday too :)

Look below for even more Deals!

Free coupons and more from General Mills

Get 3 Boxes for $3 + a free stainless steel mug with no obligation!

3 Boxes of Gevalia + FREE Stainless Steel Mug for only $3. There's over 40 varieties of either ground or whole bean coffee, as well as loose-leaf tea to select from.