Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yummy Chocolate Cake

Yesterday I made this cake for my son's birthday, since it's his favorite cake! This cake is easy to make. We served it with his favorite ice-cream!



Directions:

Preheat oven to 375

1.) Mix all the following dry ingredients together
  • 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 6 tablespoons of cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 of cup sugar
  • 1/2 of brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
2.) In a separate bowl - Mix the following wet ingredients together
  • 1/2 c vegetable oil
  • 1 cup of cold coffee
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3.) Pour the wet and dry ingredients into an 8x8 baking pan and mix well

4.) Then mix in 2 teaspoons of vinegar and Bake for 35 minutes


What is your favorite cake?

1 comment:

Kelli said...

My favorite cake is Red Velvet! And my favorite icing is my Mom's (aka Wilton's Buttercream Icing). The kids Birthday is coming up, I may try this one for my son's. Thanks for the comment!!! Sounds Yummy!

Look below for even more Deals!

Free coupons and more from General Mills

Get 3 Boxes for $3 + a free stainless steel mug with no obligation!

3 Boxes of Gevalia + FREE Stainless Steel Mug for only $3. There's over 40 varieties of either ground or whole bean coffee, as well as loose-leaf tea to select from.