Monday, September 1, 2008

What do you do with all those tomatoes? Part 1, Here's an easy recipe.



I usually get about 7 tomatoes a day from my garden. So we have been eating a lot of tomatoes here. I've been mixing the tomatoes in veggie stir-frys, casseroles, soups, cold sandwiches, grilled sandwiches, salads and more. I will post a couple tomatoes inspired recipes with pictures this week.

In the meantime, here's my favorite way to eat tomatoes (I'm a simple frugal gal)!

Easy Grilled Tomato Sandwich

2 slices of whole grain bread
4 thin slices of tomatoes
1 tsp of minced onion, or garlic
a dash of salt
2 tsps vegenaise
dash of oregano

Spread the vegenaise on the insides of the sandwich
Put the remainder of ingredient in sandwich.
Gently press sides of sandwich together (to keep ingredients from seeping out)
Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan and then cook over medium heat
Simply grill both sides of sandwich until lightly browned

This sandwich goes well with a side of veggie chili or baked beans.

I use my Cuisinart Sandwich Grill - I like the way it seals the sandwich and it grills quickly.





What do you do with an abundance of tomatoes - do you can them, freeze them? What are your favorite tomatoes recipes?

No comments:

Look below for even more Deals!

Free coupons and more from General Mills

Get 3 Boxes for $3 + a free stainless steel mug with no obligation!

3 Boxes of Gevalia + FREE Stainless Steel Mug for only $3. There's over 40 varieties of either ground or whole bean coffee, as well as loose-leaf tea to select from.